The Instructional Goals of Arlyn School are:
- To provide structure, individualization, and support to enrolled students and their families
- To prepare students for competitive employment and/or post-secondary education
- To expand students’ awareness of the world and of their potential as individuals
- To provide education, services, and training that will be effective in helping young people with disabilities become self sufficient responsible adults
How do we accomplish this?
- The Arlyn School Curriculum is comprehensive and challenging.
- We offer a range of electives, fine arts, and extracurricular opportunities including art, music, physical education, and vocational courses.
- Our approach to teaching is holistic, combining special education, behavior management, and therapeutic intervention that promotes academic, emotional, and social growth and development.
- Arlyn staff are committed to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment.
Arlyn School is approved by the Illinois State Board of Education and is accredited by the North Central Association. All coursework aligns with Common Core English Language Arts and Mathematic Standards as well as local district requirements for graduation.